About two months ago I started taking a stained glass class. Once a week for two hours. It was my escape. My heaven for six weeks. When the class ended I was in the middle of my second piece. I debated what to do, I couldn't really afford it, but I wanted to take the class again. Well, that is until one of the other "students" told me "you have to do what makes you happy." And then I knew I had to take the class. I had to finish my project. And I had to make more.
So, tonight was the the first night back. I spent probably an hour and a half at the station, grinding down the pieces I had cut. It was AWESOME! I don't know what it is about this process, but I get so completely lost in it.
This (above) was the grinder I used for an hour and a half to finish smoothing the piece below.
For now, I'm just going to share the visual, the story behind it needs it's own post. But this is something I doodled all throughout grad school and it's finally becoming something MORE!
CLOSE up
I started foiling the edges. You have to do this to be able to solder the pieces together.
It's going down next week! Ahhh, YESSSSS!!!
today's cranes: 5
total: 72
NOTE: I thought folding the thicker pink and red paper from "a moment of bliss" was tough, but now I think the more fragile polka dotted tissue paper is more challenging. However, I could definitely see playing with the thickness of the paper I use more.






No comments:
Post a Comment