4.9.14: 1
total: 102
Unfortunately, I don't have anything from my stained glass class to share. The class has been "postponed" due to low enrollment. Hhhhmmmmmm....this is officially an Ariel the little mermaid blow-your-bangs-as-you-sigh-with-exasperation kind of moment. And yes that's the technical term.
On the upside, I was able to take an exercise class for free. A friend recently introduced me to the barre method-a combo of ballet, yoga, and pilates. And I am in LOVE. I took a few classes at Barre54 and could see a noticeable difference in my stomach and legs within a week and a half. I go in thinking, this will be cake, I used to take ballet and I run. Halfway through the class my right leg is shaking uncontrollably. They call it "quaking"...like an earthquake. Well, this was off the Richter Scale! HA! It was such a strange experience and I'm totally addicted. However, I'm not totally rich, and the classes are usually around $20.
No. Thank. You.
So when I stumbled across Barre3 and saw that they offer free classes led by instructors in training....SOLD! Where do I sign?!?
4.10.14: 2
total: 103
You might be wondering, how is the total 103 if the day before it was 102 and I made 2 more cranes??? 102+2=104, not 103. Here's how:
Me: Mas, did I leave a crane here?
Mason: Uggh..yeah, but I threw it out
Me: WHAT?!?!!?
Mason: It was on the corner of my desk and I spilled water and it got wet. So I had to put it in the trash.
Me: WHAT?!?!?!!
(after a moment of processing)
Me: You killed my baby!
Mason: It was a mercy killing.
I really didn't know what to say. My brother did make me laugh, which helped a lot. But I was sad because it was the cranes from 4.8.14 which was more personal than a majority of the cranes I've made so far. But that one just wasn't meant to be at that time. Maybe it's time will come again later.
4.11.14: 13
total: 116
(I might be having too much fun photographing these guys)
The pictures acting as the bread for this text-sandwich are some cranes already counted, but for different reasons are some of my favorite babies so far. I especially love having them on display next to my spirit figure from grade school (don't worry, I'm sure I'll blog about that at some point too, but for now just know it's a good thing).
It may not look it, but there are 116 paper cranes on this chair. And yes the chair is gold. It's from The Greenbrier, a four star hotel in West Virginia where my grandfather hung wallpaper in the 1950s. Stolen? I'd say permanently borrowed. The Book Theif has nothing on my grandfather.
No comments:
Post a Comment