Tuesday, April 8, 2014

untitled

4.3.14: 3 cranes
total: 75




4.4.14: 1
total: 76
This is one of those days where I almost forgot to make a crane. My day was very full and all I wanted was to rest my head on my pillow at the end of a long week...but I must say, I love this picture.  And the fact that I was able to balance the crane on my alarm clock on the first try was unexpected, but greatly appreciated.  




4.5.14: 3
total:79




4.6.14: 7
total: 86
I ordered some more paper and it came in the mail today! It is so beautiful in person, the pictures just don't do it justice. The colors are vibrant, the outlines have a metallic shine, and the weight has a thickness that is still easy to fold. It almost feels like you are touching fabric for a moment. It's just too bad there was one seven pieces of paper in the pack.




4.7.14: 14
total: 100!!!!!!
I fell into a rhythm birthing cranes while I watched a movie. I have folded 100 cranes. I folded 100 cranes. I think I can actually do this. I'm surprised that I have reached 100 so quickly. I told myself I would start to display them when I reached 100. So, looks like I have a project for the weekend! YAY!!! 


 I think it was sort of kismet that on the day ended up folding my 100th crane I saw a crane type of bird earlier in the day in a parking lot. Birdie, how far were you from home? How rare are you that you let me take 6 pictures of you only 3 feet away from you? How comfortable was it to stretch out your neck like that?


4.8.14: 1
total: 101

 

I used a ripped piece of notebook paper today. I folded it, unfolded it, covered it on both sides with words "self love," "she's come undone," and "rebuild." I tried not to think about what to write for too long. The phrase "she's come undone" is the title of a book my mom once read and had on in a cabinet in our living room for as long as I can remember. I can remember reading the spines of the books in the cabinet and always wanting to read that book. The title had that magic over me that every author dreams of. It sucked me in with a strange ethereal quality; normal I would consider coming undone to show weakness or to fail at something. But whenever I read that title I imagined it as a woman finally finding her freedom. And I wanted to be that woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment