I kept thinking about those cranes. The idea became more alluring the longer it stayed on my brain-to the extent that I knew I didn't have the control anymore to say no. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a challenge. And I'm selfish. Japanese legend promises any individual that folds one thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane. Cranes are viewed as a sacred animal and live for 1000 years. So, in a way, the crane will grant you a wish for its life. (Thank you Wikipedia. And no, I did not use Wikipedia as a source in Grad school.)
I know this will take a while. I'm sure some days I may make a small mountain of cranes and others I may make just one, but each day will bring me closer to that magic number. And so the counting begins....
| My cranes kept me comfy on the couch for a few days. |
3/25/14: 2
3/26/14: 23
3/27/14: 18
3/28/14: 9
3/29/14: 8
So at this point I have a total of 60. Most of them are very traditional, but two of them were folded out of the paper with instructions on folding. A little ironic maybe? I hope so. I certainly don't know how long this process will take, but I can guarantee with each fold, my birdies will be get have a bigger piece of me. And I swear, there will be more pictures once I get the hang of this whole bloggging thing!!! Pinkie swear.
3/30/14: 3
TOTAL: 63
The orange and peach birds where folded on my break sitting in my car. It may sound pathetic, especially since it's a Sunday and this is my second job, but sometimes you do what you got to do when you need to experience a slice of beauty. The yellow bird with writing I made later hanging out at my brother's place.
I think deciding how to photograph to cranes for each day may be a process in itself.
Warning: things may get a little silly in the future.
Just thinking of all the different paper I can sent you...love the pictures. I am just wondering how you are going to display or "house" all of the creations. I can't wait to find out as your project expands.
ReplyDeleteAll in due time mother....
ReplyDelete