Some of you may think that I gave up on this. I didn't. I just got a kitten that's all. And she has made this for quite an interesting experience...
This is Monkey. I adopted her from a local animal shelter just after getting make from my trip to Tampa. She liked to climb up my back and sit on my shoulders when I first got her. Plus, I had just watched the movie, Looper (which I definitely recommend) and in it the main female character calls her son "Monkey" as a pet name. And it just stuck.
When I first got Monkey she was only a few weeks old, maybe one month. She was a fluff ball and not much bigger than my cranes.
And I quickly learned to not leave my papers on the couch...
She quickly became interested in my project.
Monkey made arranging my daily productions challenging...
...and humorous.
If you ask her she will lie to your face and tell you she was only trying to help.
That she was giving the birds exercise...
and protecting them.
However, the death toll as a result of Monkey's "love" for the cranes is still being determined. I actually finished this project in the first week of August and only last week found a pink crane under the fridge that Monkey had "loved" with her teeth. Below are the last four cranes I made...I still can't believe she was able to reach this shelf about the couch...she is definitely full of surprises!
No comments:
Post a Comment